Desert Blossom Honey Sparkling Mead Wine
We can now ship via UPS to other states, in addition to California! We use VinoShipper to ship to other states, click here to place an order outside of California. Use the "add to cart" button above for orders within California.
As the signature varietal of our family of meads, this release is lightly sweet and sparkling; perfect for serving solo or with hors d'oeuvres, desserts and light meals. It’s been compared to Prosecco.
We like drinking our desert blossom honey mead as a refreshing libation on warm summer days, when making celebratory toasts, during cozy holiday get-togethers, fun cocktail hours, exotic meals and at brunches with family & friends.
Recommended food pairings: fish, fresh vegetables, cheeses, salads, Asian dishes, pastas, spicy foods, desserts… and whatever else captures your imagination!
The rare and special honey used in this mead is sourced from beehives located in the Sonoran and Mojave deserts. Most of the honey is collected during years when beautiful wildflowers burst forth in incredible "super blooms." A half pound of honey goes into each bottle! – most of which is fermented. Mead also contains probiotics. There are no sulfites and it’s gluten free.
Our mead is similar to “grape” wine at around 12.5% alcohol, with only about 3.75 grams of sugar per glass. Meads range from sweet to dry and from flat to sparkling. Store cool and serve chilled.
Review: "Light straw gold color. Aromas of flowers and honey. Small crisp bubbles. Fruit of apricot, apple and ripe citrus. Bees wax, long flavors of dry honey and open desert landscapes. Refreshing balance. Lingers like a romp through a field of flowers. Drinking this might make you understand a bee."
- In California, shipping is a flat $20 per mead order (for any number of bottles / cases) by GLS white glove service. 21 years of age and older signature required at delivery. We strongly suggest using a commercial/business shipping address with someone available to sign during the day.
- A full case (12 bottles) automatically has a 10% discount subtracted from the price and half case (6 bottles) automatically has 5% discount.
- Each case order comes with a complimentary 11" X 17" collectors poster of the label artwork.
- Produced, bottled and labeled in Southern California.
Click here for more information on mead, our meadery, mead making, bees... and more!
More information about our white-glove shipping experience in California: The standard shipping option for all orders is next day delivery service through GLS Select Wine Service after the order leaves our warehouse.
- 1st delivery within 24 hrs of shipment w/email notification.
- GLS drivers greet you in GREEN GLS logo shirts.
- Missed your 1st delivery? A 2nd delivery is easy and by appointment, except in the case of business addresses GLS automatically re-attempts the next business day. GLS leaves a door tag for residential addresses.
- If needed, call 1-800-322-5555, prompt # 7 to schedule your re-delivery.
- Delivery appointment windows M-F: 8-12noon, 12-4pm, (4-8pm-in most areas).
- Deliveries include Saturday in most areas.
- GLS requires Adult Signature for wine deliveries (must be 21 years of age or older), so whenever possible, we strongly encourage you to use a commercial business shipping address with someone available to sign.